Interested applicants can e-mail resumes to Kelly Joslyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop in and fill out an application.
Responsible to: Lead Animal Caregiver
Function: To provide physical and emotional care to all shelter pets.
1.Keeps all animal areas clean and sanitary, including but not limited to cages, kennels and surrounding facilities (floors, walls, etc.) Scooping litter and kennels when needed.
2. Provides food and water to shelter animals as appropriate.
3. Washes/grooms animals as needed or assigned.
4. Daily provides physical attention and emotional support to all shelter animals. (ie petting, playing, talking)
5. Reports any illness or temperament problems to medical personnel or behavior staff and/or Lead.
6. Reports any problems with facilities or equipment to Lead.
7. Does laundry and other housekeeping tasks as needed or assigned.
8. Interacts with customers and volunteers as necessary to direct them to the appropriate areas. Guides them in accordance with shelter policies and procedures.
9. Works closely with the Behavior Department to assist in Dog Play Groups and walking dogs.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in caring for companion animals; excellent customer service skills; good organizational skills; ability to work as a member of a team. Must be comfortable around all types and sizes of dogs. Must be able to lift 40 #.
High school diploma or GED, additional training or college credits in animal care field desirable. NYS Driver’s license. Physical condition commensurate with responsibilities of the job.
The Chautauqua County Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer
2nd Chances Thrift Store: Shift Leader
Apply in person at:
2nd Chances Thrift Store, 707 Fairmount Avenue, Jamestown NY, 14701
Or by e-mail at:
Description of Position
- Inventory management
- Facility appearance
- Adherence to procedures
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs
- Receive donations of inventory
- Prepare merchandise for sale
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Estimate price of merchandise
- Open and close cash registers, perform tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, and balancing cash drawers
- Compute sales prices, total purchases, and receive and process cash or credit payment
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts and know how to prevent or handle these situations
- Clean shelves, counters, displays, and floors
- Ticket, arrange, and display merchandise to promote sales
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Ability to work productively with frequent interruptions
- Ability to operate a cash register
- A professional, helpful, demeanor both on the phone and in person
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and enjoy working with the public
- The ability to manage multiple tasks as part of a team and independently
- Able to answer questions from staff, volunteers, and the public
- Demonstrated ability to conduct one’s self with a calm, professional demeanor even when involved in difficult situations
- Have a clean driving record and knowledge of the Jamestown area; be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to adjust hours on occasion to accommodate the needs of the store
Job Type: Part-time, 15-20 hours per week
Salary: $9.70 /hour
2nd Chances Thrift Store is an Equal Opportunity Employer