Interested in volunteering at the Chautauqua County Humane Society? Volunteers are needed on an ongoing basis at the shelter, at Second Chances Thrift Store and various Special Events! For a complete list of duties available and an application, click the following links:
Download the volunteer application, complete and submit it to:
Chautauqua County Humane Society
Attn: Rachel Johnson
2825 Strunk Rd
Jamestown, NY 14701
Currently we are looking for:
CCHS is currently looking for Volunteers to help the Animal Care Department with daily cleaning tasks.
Laundry, Dishes, Light Cleaning, Mopping, Windows
· Weekday Morning or Early Afternoon Availability Preferred
· Ability to Handle Unpleasant Animal Care Situations (ie. blood, feces, vomit)
· Able to Meet Physical Requirements (ie. stand, sit, push, pull, lift, climb)
We are also looking for:
The CCHS Spay/Neuter Clinic is currently looking for Volunteers to serve as Clinic Assistants.
· Morning to Mid-afternoon Availability on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and/or Fridays
· Ability to Handle Unpleasant Clinic Situations (ie. blood, feces, vomit)
· Basic Computer Data Entry Skills
· Capability of Keeping Up in a Fast Paced Environment
· Able to Meet Physical Requirements (ie. bend, lift, carry hold)
· Team Player and Willingness to Learn
· Focused and Attention to Detail
· Professionalism, as position deals with public
· Desire to Help Pets and the People Who Love Them
Orientations for new volunteers are offered on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to the first 25 who sign up. Orientation dates are available on our website calendar or by calling Rachel Johnson at 665-2209 ext 210.